How to File a Compliment or Complaint
Compliments should be sent to the Director of the Office of Professional Accountability, who will advise the employee of your compliment and place the information in the employee's file.
To file a compliment, submit an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail a letter to:
Office of Professional Accountability
312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue, 25th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone: (615) 251-5228
Fax: (615) 532-9310
Who Can Make a Complaint?
The Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security’s policy is to investigate all complaints against the Department or its employees. Complaints will be accepted from any individual, whether in person, by mail, or by telephone. This ensures the integrity of the Department and protects the rights and interests of both citizens and Departmental employees.
Filing a Complaint
There are several ways to file a complaint:
- By going to any Department of Safety & Homeland Security facility and asking to speak with a supervisor;
- By contacting the Office of Professional Accountability at our local Nashville number (615) 251-5228, statewide toll free number (877) 459-3038 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- By writing a letter to the Captain of Office of Professional Accountability at 312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue, 25th Floor, Nashville, TN 37243
- By completing a Citizen Complaint Form (SF-1195). The form is available online, by mail and at all department offices.
Please include as much of the following information as you can remember when filing a complaint:
- Date, time, and location of the incident
- Name(s) and badge number(s) of the member(s) involved
- Names, address, and telephone numbers of any witnesses
- Circumstances of the incident