Lead-Based Paint Abatement Activities
On September 26, 2000, the Rules of Department of Environment and Conservation, Division of Solid Waste Management, Lead-Based Paint Abatement 1200-01-18-.01 (LBP Rule) were enacted. According to the LBP Rule, LBP activities conducted in "target housing" and "child-occupied facilities" in the State of Tennessee must be conducted by firms and individuals certified by the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC).
- To become an LBP certified firm, download Application to Conduct Lead-based Paint Activities, form CN-1298
- To become an LBP certified individual:
The Toxic Substances Program monitors the compliance of contractors and workers conducting LBP abatement activities in target housing and child occupied facilities built prior to 1978. In compliance with the LBP Rule, a Lead Abatement Activity Compliance Guide Notebook was developed by the TDEC Lead Hazard Program based on collaboration with the Ohio Department of Health's Lead Poisoning Prevention Program.
This Notebook is intended to assist lead-based paint certified supervisors, project designers, and firms who conduct lead abatement activities in target housing and child occupied facilities within the State of Tennessee.
The forms, templates, regulations, and EPA documents contained in the Notebook will provide guidance to companies that will help them stay in compliance with the State of Tennessee Lead-Based Paint regulations while performing lead abatement projects.
Additional links to assist in the LBP Program:
- Rescission of the 2-Day Notification for Form N, Notification of Lead-Based
Paint Activity for Inspections and Risk Assessments
- Form N Notification of Lead-Based Paint Activity (CN-1329)
- Occupant Protection Plan Fillable Form (CN-1596)
- 1200-01-18 Lead Based-Paint Abatement Regs
- Lead Paint Safety: A Field Guide for Painting, Home Maintenance, and Renovation Work
- Certified Lead-Based Paint Abatement Program Professionals
Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Federal Program:
To learn more about this program, visit the following links:
- Federal EPA Program for Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule requirements
- EPA-Accredited Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program (RRP) Training Providers
- 'Renovate Right' brochure - English and Spanish
Additional helpful link:
This Page Last Updated: September 12, 2022 at 4:44 PM