Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
The Department of Children’s Services is committed to maintaining a highly ethical environment and eliminating any misuse of taxpayer money. DCS's Internal Audit and Internal Affairs Divisions offer Integrity Services which provides reporting mechanisms and investigative services to detect and pursue acts of fraud, waste or abuse by employees, vendors, contractors, consultants, and grant recipients.
All allegations or complaints involving the suspected abuse or neglect of a child, please contact the Child Abuse Hotline toll-free at 1-877-237-0004.
Suspected fraud, waste, or abuse of DCS resources can be reported by phone or online. Examples of reportable incidents include, but are not limited to:
- Theft of money, equipment, or services
- Fraud or misuse of Grant Funds
- Personal use of DCS assets
- Corruption or Official misconduct
- Personal business on DCS time
- Payroll Fraud
- Gross waste or abuse of DCS Resources
- Purchasing Fraud
- Falsification of documents or reports
- Accepting or soliciting bribes
Call DCS Internal Audit Division at 615-532-1602 or Internal Affairs at 615-361-4060
When reporting by phone, please provide the following information:
- Nature of the incident
- Name or names of individuals involved
- When, where, and how incident occurred
- Any additional information that will aid investigation
* Providing your name and contact information is optional; anonymous tips will be investigated with the same level of concern as other reports. However, we will be unable to further discuss the report with you and our investigation may be limited by our inability to contact you for additional information. If you choose to divulge your identity, the information will remain confidential to the extent permitted by law.
The DCS Internal Audit Division should not be used for reporting routine personnel issues such as employee grievances or complaints relating to civil rights, harassment, and equal employment.