TOSHA Consultative Services
Consultative Services is a program offered to employers, especially smaller employers, to assist them in achieving a safe and healthful workplace for their employees. Consultative Services offers both occupational safety and industrial hygiene services to manufacturing, construction, and other types of businesses in Tennessee. This no-cost service is designed to assist employers in developing or enhancing safety and health management systems. The industrial hygienist and occupational safety specialist will identify safety and health hazards and help you implement cost-effective hazard control solutions.
Participation in the consultation program is a proven opportunity for you to reduce workplace injuries and illnesses, reduce costs, and increase profits without the worry of citations or monetary penalties. A company's participation in the program is confidential, and no information about the company is used in compliance enforcement.
TOSHA Consultation provides several benefits, all at no cost to you, the employer. Onsite consultants will do the following:
· Help you recognize hazards in your workplace.
· Suggest approaches or options for controlling or eliminating safety or health hazards.
· Identify sources of help available to you if you need further assistance.
· Provide you with a written report that summarizes these findings.
· Assist you in developing or maintaining an effective safety and health program.
· Provide education specific to the hazards of your worksite.
· Help you qualify for participation in the Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP).
Consultants will not:
- Issue citations or propose penalties for violations of TOSHA standards.
- Report corrected hazards to TOSHA enforcement.
Consultation Services offers the Safety and Health Achievement and Recognition Program (SHARP) and the Tennessee Onsite Program. SHARP recognizes employers who have developed exemplary safety and health management systems. The Onsite Program provides employers with professional safety and health services to assist in developing and/or improving their safety and health program.
Contact Consultation Services Toll-Free at (800) 325-9901.