How to Enroll
Enrolling is simple, just call your local Adult Education Program.
You are eligible to enroll in Adult Education if:
- You are at least 18 years of age*
- You are not enrolled or required to be enrolled in secondary school
- You don't have a high school diploma, OR
- You need help with math, reading, and writing, OR
- You struggle to read, write, or speak English.
* A 16 or 17-year-old may enroll in a state-approved adult education program under justifiable circumstances, however, she/he must first be withdrawn or exempted from school enrollment (including home school) by the local school system in which she/he resides. Please see the Adult Education Services for Minors policy for additional details.
Explore Adult Education
Visit Adult Education main page.
About Adult Education
Adult Education, as part of the Workforce Innovations and Opportunity Act (WIOA), provides services to adults to build the knowledge and skills necessary for high school equivalency (HiSET), employment, post-secondary opportunities, and economic self-sustainability.
La Educación para Adultos, como parte de la Ley de Oportunidades e Innovaciones Laborales (WIOA), brinda servicios a adultos para desarrollar el conocimiento y las habilidades necesarias para la equivalencia de escuela secundaria (HiSET), empleo, oportunidades postsecundarias y autosostenibilidad económica. Para aplicar, llame a su programa local.
Find out how to get enrolled in Adult Education!
Find Your Program
Learn about programs nearest you for Adult Basic Education (ABE) or English as a Second Language (ESL). Thank you for your interest in furthering your education here in Tennessee.
Diploma Sender Information
Request a copy of your diploma or transcripts
Adult Education Grantees
The Adult Education Division announces the release of the 2023 Request for Applications (RFA) for organizations to receive grant funding to implement adult education programs across Tennessee. Application period: March 1 - April 6 at 5 p.m. (CDT).
No Wrong Door is a podcast that explores how Tennessee is reimagining its workforce through innovative Adult Education initiatives across the state.
Please fill out the form and someone from your area will reach out to discuss your options.
To contact Adult Education, call us at 1-800-531-1515 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.