Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health Administration
News & Announcements
- NEW OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool available on Android and Apple devices.
- Construction Fatality Digest - Quarterly Report
- TOSHA has adopted new standards regarding walking-working surfaces, effective as of April 19, 2017. With no delay in Tennessee's enforcement, review changes related to the OSHA final rule.
- Protecting Workers from the Zika Virus
- TOSHA has implemented an online form to allow employers to report events that result in an employee being admitted to the hospital, an amputation, or the loss of an eye.
Trench Safety Stand Down will be June 18-23, 2018
Tennessee OSHA encourages employers across the state to participate in NUCA's 2018 Trench Safety Stand Down. During the week of June 18-23 participating employers will take a break and conduct a safety activity to emphasize the importance of working in and around trenches/excavations. To sign up and view training resources, as well as training resources for previous stand down topics, please visit their website at: http://www.nuca.com/tssd
Safe + Sound Week 2018 to be held August 13-19
The second annual Safe + Sound Week will be held Aug. 13-19, 2018. The event is a nationwide effort to raise awareness of the value of workplace safety and health programs. These programs can help employers and workers identify and manage workplace hazards before they cause injury or illness, improving a company’s financial bottom line. Throughout this week, organizations are encouraged to host events and activities that showcase the core elements of an effective safety and health program, including: management leadership, worker participation, and finding and fixing workplace hazards. For more information and to sign-up for email updates, visit the Safe + Sound Week webpage.
We assist employers in achieving a safe and healthful workplace for their employees. Reduce workplace injuries and illnesses, reduce costs, and increase profits without the worry of citations or monetary penalties. This no-cost service is designed to assist employers in developing or enhancing safety and health management systems.
Training & Education
TOSHA Training Services assist employers, employees, and their representatives in reducing safety and health hazards in their workplaces and in complying with the requirements of Tennessee OSHA standards and regulations. Join us in our effort of reducing safety and health hazards in your workplace.