Nashville Downtown Express Driver Services Center to Temporarily Close for a Planned Remodel
The Nashville Downtown Express Driver Services Center, located in the William R. Snodgrass Tennessee Tower at 312 Rosa Parks Ave., will close for a planned remodel on Friday, Sept. 1, and will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2023.
During the remodel, citizens can visit the five self-service kiosks in Davidson County, the other full service Driver Service centers, or utilize online services at tn.gov/safety/driver-services/online.html.
Several transactions offered at the downtown Nashville Driver Services Express Center can be completed at a self-service kiosk. Citizens can renew an enhanced handgun carry permit; order a duplicate enhanced, lifetime, or concealed handgun carry permit; upgrade to a lifetime handgun carry permit; pay full reinstatement fees; reissue a driving privilege after reinstating; add emergency contacts; update, replace or renew a regular driver's license; change an address; voter
registration or advance a graduated driver’s license. Kiosks only accept credit or debit card payments.
Davidson County Self-Service Kiosks:
- Davidson County Clerk - 700 Second Avenue South #101, Nashville
- Metro Center - 220 French Landing Drive, Nashville
- Metro Police West Nashville Precinct - 5500 Charlotte Pike, Nashville
- Nashville Public Library Bellevue Branch - 720 Baugh Road, Nashville
- Nashville Public Library Goodlettsville Branch - 205 Rivergate Parkway, Nashville
Nearby Driver Services Centers:
- Hart Lane Driver Services Center - 624 Hart Lane, Nashville
- Hickory Hollow Driver Services and Reinstatement Center - 5215 Hickory Hollow Pkwy, Antioch
Teenagers between 15 and 17 years of age, can take the knowledge test online under a parent or guardian’s supervision via the Tennessee Proctor Identification (PID) app. Learn more at tn.gov/safety/driver-services/driver-license-knowledge-test-online.html.
The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security’s mission is to serve, secure, and protect the people of Tennessee.