Name Change

You must visit a Driver Services Center to change your name. You will need your current license and the original or certified copy of a document showing the reason for the change for instance a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order.

You will be charged a duplicate fee ranging from $8 to $16 dollars. The fee will depend on the number of duplicates you’ve had and the type of license you have. All Certificate for Driving, Temporary Driver License and Temporary ID duplicates cost $28.00.

NOTE: All documents must be originals or certified copies. Faxes or photocopies will not be accepted.


Required Documents for a Legal Change of Name

Legal Name Change or Divorce

As recorded in the court decree with judge’s original signature and/or official court seal.

NOTE: A copy of a court document with a copied seal or signature is not acceptable. A copy of a court document with an original signature or seal that is affixed to copy is acceptable.

Marriage License/Certificate

Must include the applicant's full name. The certificate must be the original or certified copy that is registered AFTER the marriage; NOT just the “license” authorizing the union.

NOTE: All documents are subject to verification with the issuing agency or source. Documents subject to verification may delay the issuance of your license.