The Tennessee State Guard, which is the all-volunteer arm of the Tennessee Military Department, is headquartered in Nashville and consists of approximately 250 personnel, It is authorized by Tennessee Code Annotated 58-1-401.
The purpose of the Tennessee State Guard is to provide a professional complement of personnel to support the State mission of the Tennessee National Guard, by assisting the Tennessee Army National Guard as a force multiplier, and at the direction of the Adjutant General, to assist civil authorities with disaster relief, humanitarian causes, ceremonial service, religious and medical support for the well being and safety of the citizenry of Tennessee.
Requirements to join:
- Must be a resident of the State of Tennessee
- Must be between age 18 and 66
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Background check required
- Prior military service preferred, but not required*.
- Education requirements for commission
Currently the TNSG is looking for prior-service personnel who received an honorable discharge from any branch of U.S. military. * Civilians will be considered also
- Drills are held 1 day a month
- Annual Training 3 days a year
- TO&E slots available for special-needs veterans
- No enlistment contracts
State Guard Recruiters:
Headquarters, Headquarters Company: Nashville
1st Regiment: Millington
3rd Regiment: Greenville
4th Regiment: Chattanooga
State Guard Public Affairs:
CPT Steven Estes
State Guard Links:
NOTE: The "Join Us" online application must be filled out on a desktop or laptop computer. You will recieve an error if you try to access the application through your phone or other device.