Tennessee National Guard Inspector General (IG)
About Our Office
The Tennessee National Guard, State Inspector General (IG) is an Active Duty Colonel (Army or Air Force) detailed by the Department of the Army and the National Guard Bureau. The State IG is the confidential advisor to The Adjutant General of Tennessee and an impartial fact finder on matters relating to morale, readiness, conduct and esprit de corps of the Tennessee Army and Air National Guard.
We act as an extension of the Adjutant General's eyes, ears, voice, and conscience. We inspect with a focus on issues rather than on units. We identify problems or issues; determine their root causes; pursue systemic issues; teach systems, processes and procedures; identify responsibility for corrective action; and spread innovative ideas.
We are made up of one Active Duty Colonel, two Active Guard Reserve, Army, Majors, two Active Guard Reserve, Army, Master Sergeants, two Army National Guard, M-day, Sergeants First Class and one federal civilian, Program Analyst. The IG assesses and reports to the Adjutant General of the Tennessee National Guard, in an unbiased and objective manner affecting mission performance, discipline, efficiency, economy, morale, training, and readiness throughout the Tennessee National Guard. The IG demonstrates caring and concern in every action by teaching and training, inspecting, inquiring, investigating, and assisting. The IG provides assistance when there are problems that do not get resolved through normal procedures.
BEFORE you contact the Office of the Inspector General...
- Be sure you have a problem, not just a peeve.
- Give your chain of command a chance to solve the problem.
- If IG assistance is needed, contact your local IG first.
- Be honest and don’t provide misleading information.
- Keep in mind that IGs are not policy makers.
- Keep in mind that IGs can only recommend, not order a resolution.
- Remember IGs can only resolve a case on the basis of fact.
- Don’t expect instant action on your request… Be patient.
- Be prepared to take "No" for the answer.
State Inspector General
P.O. Box 41502
3041 Sidco Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
Phone: (615) 313-3066
Fax: (615) 313-0760
"Droit et Avant"
Right then Forward