Day Reporting/Community Resource Centers
As part of the Public Safety Act of 2016, the Tennessee Department of Correction (TDOC) implemented Day Reporting/Community Resource Centers which serve as alternatives to incarceration by placing eligible participants in structured and intensive outpatient programs. The programs provide resources and services to offenders to assist them as they work towards becoming productive citizens in their communities.
The DRC/CRC is a one-year three-phase program that will assist moderate to high-risk offenders with a substance use issue and/or a mental health issue. In order to be eligible for the program, the participant must have received a felony conviction, be under the supervision of TDOC's Community Supervision, have at least 2 years left on probation supervision, and/or have substance use concern.
TDOC is mission driven. We want to enhance public safety by changing the way we do business. It is more cost-effective to keep non-violent offenders out of the prison system. It currently costs $79.00 per day to incarcerate an offender versus $41.00 per day for an offender to report to a Day Reporting/Community Resource Center. Our goal is to provide the participants with evidenced-based programming and treatment in an environment where they can continue to be with their families and community.
To enhance public safety by providing guidance, treatment,education and supervision to promote successful rehabilitation and reentry.
- Knoxville DRC October 2019 Graduation
- Johnson City DRC Recovery Fair
- Memphis DRC Graduation On The Horizon
- Celebrating Recovery: Graduating From The Day Reporting Center
- Nashville DRC Graduates Inaugural Class
- Jackson DRC Celebrates First Graduating Class
- Johnson City DRC Graduates Another Class of Clients
- Nashville Day Reporting Center Graduation
- Community Based, Community Focused
- Aimee's Story
- Helping To Make Tennessee A Safer Place To Live
- Being An Example for Others
- Tailored To Our Participants Specific Needs
- A Collaborative Effort