Citizens' Correctional Academy
We are currently not accepting applications.
The Tennessee Department of Correction Citizens' Correctional Academy is a four week, five session seminar designed to provide local citizens with an in-depth look at corrections and our efforts to enhance public safety. The academy gives Tennesseans the opportunity to learn about TDOC functions and programming from executive leadership, tour two facilities and visit a community supervision field office in order to gain a better understanding of the agency and the work of its more than 6,000 dedicated employees by taking a “behind the wall” look at corrections in Tennessee.
A total of four (4) classes will be held one night per week from 6:00 p.m. til 9:00 p.m. every Tuesday night in the Nashville area. A graduation ceremony will be held on Thursday, following the final session, from 5:30 p.m. til 7:30 p.m.
Who can attend?
- TDOC Citizens’ Correctional Academy is open to Tennessee residents.
- TDOC employees and their family members are eligible.
What are the requirements?
Citizens applying for the TDOC Citizens Correctional Academy must adhere to the following standards:
1. Must be 18 years of age or older;
2. No criminal history other than minor traffic violations;
3. Must attend all of the required days and times for your session which includes a graduation ceremony ;
4. Must sign all required waivers and agreements;
5. Must not currently have a family member or loved one incarcerated in TDOC custody or on Community Supervision.
All applicants to the Citizens Correctional Academy will undergo a background check and are subject to the approval of the department.
Where will the academy be held?
Sessions will be held at various TDOC locations (prisons and offices) in the Nashville area.
We are accepting applications. The academy will run from April 2nd thru April 30th.