How to Enroll
Enrolling is simple, just call your local Adult Education Program.
You are eligible to enroll in Adult Education if:
- You are at least 18 years of age*
- You are not enrolled or required to be enrolled in secondary school
- You don't have a high school diploma, OR
- You need help with math, reading, and writing, OR
- You struggle to read, write, or speak English.
* A 16 or 17-year-old may enroll in a state-approved adult education program under justifiable circumstances, however, she/he must first be withdrawn or exempted from school enrollment (including home school) by the local school system in which she/he resides. Please see the Adult Education Services for Minors policy for additional details.
Adult Education, as part of the Workforce Innovations and Opportunity Act (WIOA), provides services to adults to build the knowledge and skills necessary for high school equivalency (HiSET), employment, post-secondary opportunities, and economic self-sustainability.
Learn about the HiSET exam and vouchers that waive exam fees
Find Your Program
Find your local program!
La Educación para Adultos, como parte de la Ley de Oportunidades e Innovaciones Laborales (WIOA), brinda servicios a adultos para desarrollar el conocimiento y las habilidades necesarias para la equivalencia de escuela secundaria (HiSET), empleo, oportunidades postsecundarias y autosostenibilidad económica. Para aplicar, llame a su programa local.
Grant Award Announcement
View grant funding opportunities.