Tennessee Conference on Volunteerism & Service-Learning
What is the Tennessee Conference on Volunteerism and Service-Learning?
The Tennessee Conference on Volunteerism and Service-Learning’s goal is to increase service and volunteerism across Tennessee and provide opportunities for collaboration to address needs and utilize service as a vehicle for change.
February 19-20, 2024
Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
700 Cool Springs Boulevard, Franklin, TN 37067
Conference participants are service leaders from across Tennessee, including but not limited to:
- Nonprofit and Volunteer Management Professionals
- National Service Programs
- Service-Learning Practitioners and Students
- Government Leaders
- Corporate Social Responsibility Professionals
Now Accepting Workshop Proposals for TCVSL 2024
The Call for Proposals is open! The Tennessee Conference on Volunteerism and Service-Learning seeks proposals for high-caliber, innovative, and interactive workshops or panels addressing the following topics:
- Volunteer Management- Demonstrate best practices and innovative new methods to grow and strengthen an organization's volunteer program.
- Service as a Solution- Identify how service builds and strengthens communities, fostering growth and economic opportunity.
- Service-Learning and Civic Leadership- Demonstrate how to build leadership skills of the service participants. Best practices, innovations of service-learning both in academic settings and in other volunteer programs
- Organizational Capacity Building- Methods to bolster organizational effectiveness.
- Professional Development
TCVSL Workshops Should:
- Have clear learning goals, key takeaways, and objectives
- Demonstrate clear depth of knowledge
- Ensure adequate time for questions and discussion
- Ensure the representation of diverse viewpoints concerning the topic
- Include original content, not just content that adds to existing dialogue
- Target an audience and audience level
- Provide reference materials participants can read or consult after the session
- All session proposals must be submitted online at surveymonkey.com/r/JHSBQH5. You are strongly advised to save the information requested in a word document first and then cut/paste the information into the web form.
- Submission deadline: The deadline to submit proposals is November 30, 2023.