CB212-00 Bearing Soils and Foundation Types (4)
This course incorporates the soil and foundation material requirements of the 2012 International Building Code into a basic presentation on the appropriate options for foundation construction. Students will be introduced to different types of soil which may be encountered from site to site, as well as the materials and methods compatible with these soil types.
- $41.00 (For members of a governmental agency with responsibilities for inspections)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
International Building Code (2012 ed.)
- To understand soil types.
- To understand the reactions of different soils to moisture.
- To understand the reactions of different soils to loads.
- To understand the best foundation materials and methods for different soil types.
- To understand the ’12 IBC requirements related to foundations.