CB211-02 Code Enforcement for Existing Buildings (7)
This course familiarizes the student with Chapter 34, Existing Structures in the International Building Code, relevant sections of the IPMC, and other tested methods used in various jurisdictions in addressing non-typical structures and related scenarios. Students will be led through the provisions of the Code that govern the alteration, repair, addition, and change of occupancy related to existing buildings and structures, and coached on various allowances and solutions which can be offered to existing and historical building owners.
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
List pre-requisites here.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- International Building Code (2009 and 2012 ed.)
- International Property Maintenance Code (2009 and 2012 ed.)
- To understand the general provisions of Chapter 34 of the IBC
- To understand requirements for alterations, repair, and additions to existing structures
- To understand requirements for alterations, repair, and additions to historical structures