Licensed Provider Frequently Asked Questions

The Office of Licensure is here to help our licensed providers in any way that we can. This list of FAQs is a good place to start if you are a provider who has a question about your license.

Need to Make a Change to Your Current License or Add a New Location or Category?

A Fact Sheet form is used for the following: 

  • to establish a new site/location
  • to add a new category to an existing license
  • to relocate a currently licensed facility/service to another location*
  • to request approval for a major renovation, expansion, or change in use or occupancy of a currently licensed facility. 

A Change of Status form is used for the following:

  • Change in Chief Executive Officer or Executive Director (A Background Information form and Non-criminal Justice Privacy Rights statement must also be submitted.)
  • Change in licensee name (Used for change in name only.  This is not a transfer of ownership.)
  • Change in site name
  • Change in licensed bed capacity
  • Change affecting current life safety occupancy classification such as adding or deleting safety occupancy classification to serve mobile non-ambulatory, hearing impaired, blind, or individuals incapable of self-preservation or imposing security measures upon persons which are beyond their control (e.g., exit doors or windows locked against egress, restraints, seclusion, etc.
  • Closure of license
  • Closure of category(ies) only
  • Closure of license due to relocation*

*Licenses are address-specific requiring a new license before a relocation may occur.  For relocation of a facility or service, submit a Fact Sheet form for the new location AND a Change of Status form to close out the old location.

Need to Review Your Applicable Rules?

See the TDMHSAS Office of Licensure Administrative Rules

Need to Report an Incident?

Personal Support Service Agency license category
Residential and all other non-residential license categories

Contact Information

TDMHSAS Office of Licensure
Complaint Line: 866-797-9470
Fax: 615-401-7644