Benefits to Being Licensed
There are many benefits to becoming a licensed provider of services to Tennesseans through the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. To do otherwise puts both the provider and consumer at risk. By Tennessee state statute (Tenn. Code Ann. § 33-2-405), it is unlawful for a person, partnership, association, or corporation to own or operate a service or facility that provides mental health or substance abuse treatment, or personal support services, without having first obtained a license. Violating this requirement constitutes a Class B misdemeanor, and each day of operation without a license is considered a separate offense.
Key Benefits of Being Licensed
- Promote your licensed status on advertising materials
- It’s a prerequisite to obtaining contracting rights with the State of Tennessee
- The Office of Licensure can offer you operational and technical support
- Helping those with mental health and substance use disorders
- Your service is listed in the online database of licensed facilities/services
Click in the box below to search the licensed provider database.