Benefits to Being Licensed
There are many benefits to becoming a licensed provider of services to Tennesseans through the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
Key Benefits of Being Licensed
- Promote your licensed status on advertising materials
- It’s a prerequisite to obtaining contracting rights with the State of Tennessee
- The Office of Licensure can offer you operational and technical support
- Helping those with mental health and substance abuse disorders
- Your service is listed in the online database of licensed facilities/services
Click in the link below to search the licensed provider database.
Note: Operating without a license puts both the provider and consumer at risk. By Tennessee state statute (Tenn. Code Ann. § 33-2-405), it is unlawful for a person, partnership, association, or corporation to operate a service or facility that provides mental health or substance abuse treatment, personal support services, or a DUI School without having first obtained a license. Violating this requirement constitutes a Class B misdemeanor, and each day of operation without a license is considered a separate offense.