Agricultural Recruitment Program (H2A Program)
Agricultural employers can receive assistance in obtaining farm workers through the H2A program. Employers must show that there are no local workers available for the job. Applications are reviewed to determine whether prevailing hourly wages, working conditions, and housing and transportation arrangements have an adverse effect on domestic workers.
Information for applying for H2A workers may be located at http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/taw.htm
The department provides the following services to agricultural employers:
- Post agricultural clearance orders
- Housing inspection for agricultural clearance orders
- Agricultural wage information
- Technical assistance on federal and state regulations governing housing inspections
- Opportunity for participation in the Workforce Employer Outreach Committe.