Tennessee Talent Exchange powered by Jobs4TN
The Tennessee Talent Exchange, powered by Jobs4TN is a new initiative to help you find work in the grocery, retail and logistics industries now.
Tennessee Grocers & Convenient Store Association, the Retail Association, and Hospitality TN partnered with the TN Department of Labor and Workforce Development to quickly connect job seekers to hiring companies in the grocery, retail, and logistics industry.
Why is The Tennessee Talent Exchange, powered by Jobs4TN needed?
- The Tennessee Department of Labor & Workforce Development has designed a new initiative to help transition workers from one industry in need of immediate employment to job opportunities in another industry that is current in need of an expanded workforce.
- There are approximately 350,000 current employees in the hospitality sector (restaurants and hotels). We are looking at a 30%-40% reduction in staffing due to COVID-19
- Many in the hospitality industry are working adults with families to support and unemployment of $275 is simply not enough. It is critical that these individuals find employment that matches the hours and schedules they currently work. The Grocery, Retail and Logistics industry offer similar schedules and wages.
- These individuals have skills that are easily transferable to the grocery and retail sectors
- TN Department of Labor and Workforce has a goal to quickly connect job seekers to hiring employers to reduce the downtime and economic impact on these individuals, in addition, to offset the increasing growing numbers in unemployment.