September 5, 2023 - September 7, 2023
8:00 am to 5:00 pm CDT
Memphis Fire Training Center 4341 OK Robertson Rd. Memphis, TN 38127
L0984 All Hazards Task Force/Strike Team Leader
Please complete an AHIMT Course Application for this course and return to TEMA.Training@tn.gov with a copy to the appropriate Regional Coordinating Committee and attach all prerequisite documentation.
TLETA POST Approved for 2023
The goal of this professional development course, E/L 984 Task Force/Strike (Resource) Team Leader, is to provide training designed to support all-hazards competencies and behaviors within a Type III Incident Management Team (IMT).
The learner must achieve a minimum passing score of 75% on final knowledge assessments or demonstrate mastery on performance assessments or research assignments to earn the IACET CEU.
Selection Criteria: NIMS ICS Position Specific training shall be completed by personnel who will be required to gain a certificate of training and the credentials to function in an ICS Organization, such as an IMT, as a member of the Command, General Staff or as a Unit Leader. These criteria will be verified on the student enrollment request by endorsement of the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) such as the State/Tribal Training Officer or the course manager.
ACE: Level: Lower Division/Associate
ACE: Credit Hours: 1
• Describe the function and components of the Incident Management Organization/Team and the Operations Section.
• Describe the responsibilities of the Task Force/Strike (Resource) Team Leader at the pre-response, response, operational, demobilization, and post-incident phases of an incident.
• Describe the information gathering and dissemination responsibilities of the Task Force/Strike (Resource) Team Leader.
• Describe the leadership and personnel supervision responsibilities of the Task Force/Strike (Resource) Team Leader.
• Describe the risk management and safety responsibilities of the Task Force/Strike (Resource) Team Leader.
• Describe the tasks a Task Force/Strike Team Force Leader is required to complete during an Operational period for an incident.
The required prerequisites to this course are:
· IS-0100: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS), ICS 100
· IS-0200: Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response
· E/L/G 0300: Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents
· IS-0700: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
· IS-0800: National Response Framework (NRF), An Introduction
Other recommended courses:
· E/L/G 0191 Emergency Operations Center/Incident Command System Interface
· E/L/G 0400 Advanced Incident Command System for Complex Incidents, ICS 400