February 7, 2023 - February 8, 2023
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
State Emergency Operations Center Suiter Room 3041 Sidco Dr. Nashville, TN 37204
This course provides training for personnel who require advanced application of the Incident Command System (ICS). This course expands upon information covered in the ICS 100 and ICS 200 courses.
- Selection Criteria: Individuals who may assume a supervisory role in incidents. Note: During a Type 3 incident, some or all of the Command and General Staff positions may be activated, as well as Division/Group Supervisor and/or Unit Leader level positions. These incidents may extend into multiple operational periods.
- Describe how the National Incident Management System (NIMS) Command and Management component supports the management of expanding incidents.
- Describe the incident/event management process for supervisors and expanding incidents as prescribed by the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Implement the incident management process on a simulated Type 3 incident.
- Develop an Incident Action Plan for a simulated incident.
Participants must have successfully completed:
- IS0100, Introduction to the Incident Command System
- IS0200, Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response
- IS0700, National Incident Management System, An Introduction
- IS0800, National Response Framework, An Introduction
Recommended: Experience using concepts and principles from ICS 100, ICS 200, and use of skills in a response or exercise.