September 26, 2022 - September 28, 2022
8:00 am CDT
Tennessee Fire and Codes Academy 2161 Unionville Deason Rd. Bell Buckle, TN 37020
L0960 All Hazards Division/Group Supervisor
Please complete an AHIMT Course Application for this course and return to TEMA.Training@tn.gov with a copy to the appropriate Regional Coordinating Committee and attach all prerequisite documentation.
The goal of this professional development course, E/L0960 Division/Group Supervisor (DIVS), is to provide emergency responders from local, Tribal, State, Federal and private-organizations with an overview of key duties and responsibilities of a Division/Group Supervisor within an Incident Command structure for all incident types (Type 4 - Type 1).
The learner must achieve a minimum passing score of 75% on final knowledge assessments or demonstrate mastery on performance assessments or research assignments to earn the IACET CEU.
Selection Criteria: NIMS ICS Position Specific training shall be completed by personnel who will be required to gain a certificate of training and the credentials to function in an ICS Organization, such as an IMT, as a member of the Command, General Staff or as a Unit Leader. These criteria will be verified on the student enrollment request by endorsement of the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) such as the State/Tribal Training Officer or the course manager.
ACE: Level: Lower Division/Associate
ACE: Credit Hours: 2
• Describe the function and components of the Operations Section.
• Describe the role and responsibilities of the Strike Team Leader/ Resource Team and Task Force Leader.
• Describe the leadership, supervision, and personnel management responsibilities of the Division/Group Supervisor.
• Describe the information gathering and dissemination responsibilities of the Division/Group Supervisor.
• Describe the role of the Division/Group Supervisor in the Planning Process.
• Describe the risk management and safety responsibilities of the Division/Group Supervisor.
• Describe the interactions with the Command and General Staff and other ICS functional areas that are required to perform the Division/Group Supervisor's job.
The required prerequisites to this course are:
· IS-100 Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS), ICS 100
· IS-200 Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response, ICS 200
· E/L/G 0300 Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents, ICS 300
· E/L/G 0400 Advanced Incident Command System for Complex Incidents, ICS 400
· IS-700 An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
· IS-800 National Response Framework (NRF), An Introduction
Other recommended (not required) courses:
· E/L/G 0191 Emergency Operations Center/Incident Command System Interface
· O 305 Type 3 AHIMT Training Course (US Fire Administration)
· O 337 Command & General Staff Functions for Local Incident Management Team (National Fire Academy)