2019 Mini Call for Research Proposals
The Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) is pleased to announce the 2019 Mini Call for Research Proposals.
Proposals are now being accepted for non-traditional transportation research projects in Tennessee.
Proposed Research Projects & Budget Amounts
TDOT is looking to research various topics, with varying budget amounts, during this call, with a desire to sponsor innovative research.
The spreadsheet below provides the 11 projects, along with a brief description of the research need for each project.
The following materials are required to complete a research proposal submission:
- Research Proposal manuscript – Please use the template below and submit in MS Word Document format (.docx)
- TDOT Research Proposal Template
- The maximum number of pages for the Research Proposal manuscript is 10 pages. The cover page, grant budget documents, project schedules, and CVs do NOT count toward the 10-page limit.
- Grant budget documents: Detailed, itemized budget estimation and budget justification
- Project Schedule: it should include milestones and/or deliverables
- CV for Principal Investigator(s) and lead project staff – 2 pages maximum per CV
To help you as you develop your proposal, we have also attached our TDOT CFP Evaluation Scoring Sheet. During the selection process, we will utilize this scoring sheet as we consider and rate each research proposal submitted. Please use this scoring sheet as a guideline when writing your proposal to ensure that you meet the criteria we are looking for in the proposal.
Once we receive all submitted research proposals, we will review proposals based on TDOT need statements and will then select the university to conduct the specific research. We anticipate that this process
will take 6-8 weeks.
Proposal Deadline: 9 AM, April. 29th, 2019 CST
- Submit compete proposal packets via email to TDOT.Research@tn.gov.
- Email subject line should be: 2019 Mini Call for Research Proposals: ‘PI Name’-‘Short Project Name’. (Example: 2018 2nd Call for Research Proposals: Park-TDOT Research)
- Hard copy submissions will not be considered.
For more information, please contact TDOT.Research@tn.gov.
TDOT Research Team