Fees & Application Process
Disabled plate: $26.50 annually (no charge if confined to a wheelchair)
Permanent disability placard: $26.50 + $3 renewal every two years (no charge if vehicle registration in applicant’s name)
Temporary disability placard: $10
Replacement placard: $2
Disabled driver decal: no charge
To apply for a disabled person license plate/placard/decal:
1. Complete the Application for Disabled Person License Plate, Placard and/or Decal (applications are also available from your county clerk).
2. Provide certification of disability from either:
- a medical doctor licensed to practice medicine;
- a physician’s assistant or nurse practitioner acting in conjunction with a written protocol developed jointly by a physician; or
- a Christian Science Practitioner listed in the Christian Science Journal
3. Submit the two forms to your local county clerk.