County Clerk Resource Page
Note to website visitors: This page is a resource for Tennessee's county clerks. Information on this page is not intended for the general population. Please do not use these forms to conduct tax-related or title and registration business with the Department of Revenue.
Please visit our Taxes or Title and Registration sections of the website to access the information you need. You can also search for information in Revenue Help.
Visual Changes to the Business Tax Portal Coming in June
Please watch the video below for more information.
2018 Changes for Business Tax
Please review the documents below. Assistance is available via Revenue Help. Submit an online help desk ticket and one of our agents will respond with an answer. You can also choose to contact the Department of Revenue by phone if you wish.
- Business Tax Recorded Webinar for County Clerks – This is an overview of the new changes for business tax licensing and administration beginning on May 29, 2018.
- Business Tax Access Request Form – This form must be completed to gain access to data from the state for business tax administration and must be completed by any individual needing access to state business tax data. If you currently have access to older existing systems, you must request access again to the new system by using this form. All data is required and can only be accepted from designated city (county) officials that administer business tax for their local government. Please email these completed forms to TR3.Security@TN.gov.
- Business Tax License Application – This form must be used for all applications received after May 23, 2018. Any applications previously used can no longer be used as new specific registration data is required by TNTAP, the state’s filing and tax information system. Officials will use data from these forms to key into their computers to register taxpayers directly with the Tennessee Department of Revenue.
- Ownership Structure - This document describes the various types of ownership structures businesses can choose.
- Business Tax Portal Reference Guide - This is a reference guide on how to use the business tax portal application.
- Business Tax Portal Training Videos – This is a document that explains how to access training videos for the Business Tax Portal. Portal access must be obtained before viewing these videos by using the Business Tax Access Request Form.
- Shortcuts for the State Business Tax Portal - This document provides navigation shortcuts for clerks who use the state's business tax portal.
- Monthly Report of Antique Malls, Flea Markets, Craft Shows, Gun Shows and Automobile Shows - to be filed by the operator of these businesses to their county clerk and/or their city recorder's office. Clerks and taxpayers should not send these forms to the Department of Revenue.
- County Clerk Sales and Use Tax Manual for Automobiles & Boats
- Report of Casual or Isolated Sale of Vessel or Boat (with instructions)
- Report of Casual or Isolated Sale of Vessel or Boat (without instructions)
Note: In order to view these videos, you must have Quick Time installed on your PC. The download is free from Apple's website. You do not have to enter an e-mail address for this download.
- Certificate of Tennessee Title Overview - This is the first in a series of County Clerk Tutorial Videos that will walk you through the basics regarding the examination of vehicle tile and registration documents. In this video you will learn about identifying information appearing on the front and back of the Tennessee Certificate of Title. Video length - 3 minutes
- Certificate of Title Extension Form - In this video you will learn about licensed dealer reassignments and the supplemental use of the Certificate of Title Extension Form. Video length - 4 minutes
- Department of Revenue Directory for County Clerks - Contact information for Revenue staff.
- Tax Manual for Military Members and Veterans - Tennessee law allows for some tax exemptions and other exceptions for military members and veterans. This guide discusses various benefits afforded to these individuals and how they are applied.
- NEW Updated Title & Registration Reference Guide
- June 26, 2015 Supreme Court Ruling Guidance
- County Technical Assistance Service (CTAS)