Registration and Licensing

Registration for motor fuel taxes is available on the Tennessee Taxpayer Access Point (TNTAP).  

If you cannot register using TNTAP, please mail your application for registration (visit motor fuels forms) to the address below:  

Tennessee Department of Revenue
Andrew Jackson Building
500 Deaderick Street
Nashville, TN  37242

You also may be required to obtain a license before beginning operations.  The Department issues the following licenses for the motor fuel industry:

  • Supplier’s License
  • Blender’s License
  • Terminal Operator’s License
  • Exporter’s License
  • Transporter’s License
  • Importer’s License
  • Wholesaler’s License
  • Retailer’s License for Dyed Diesel Fuel