Skip to Main Content

Need Business Tax Help? Click here for more information.

Approved Brands

Before a brand of alcoholic beverage or wine can be distributed in Tennessee, it must be registered with the Department.  In addition to the application and required tax amount, the following documents must be submitted:

  • A copy of the non-resident Tennessee license for the registrant (issued by the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission);
  • A copy of the federal basic permit;
  • A copy of the brand label (if the brand is distributed under more than one label, each respective label must also be furnished);
  • A copy of the federal C.O.L.A. for each brand; and
  • The original Tennessee wholesaler contract with the exact brand name listed.

Each brand registration must be renewed every year by May 31.