Skip to Main Content

Click here for information on vehicle emissions testing.

Natural Resources Permits

Endangered Plant Dealer License

Any nursery farmer who desires to sell or export Tennessee listed endangered plant species must obtain a license from the Division of Natural Areas.

Tennessee State Parks Scientific Research and Collecting Permit

Anyone wishing to collect biological or geological materials, or air or water samples, or install research equipment on State Park or Designated State Natural Area land must obtain a scientific research and collecting permit from the Division of Natural Areas.

Ginseng Dealer Permit

Any ginseng dealer who purchases ginseng collected in Tennessee with the intent to resale must obtain a ginseng dealer permit from the Division of Natural Areas.

State Archaeological Permit

Anyone wishing to conduct archaeological work on state-owned or state-managed lands will need a permit from the Division of Archaeology.