Announcement of Funding
Watch this page for announcements on upcoming contracts with the Department of Children's Services.
Building Strong Brains: Tennessee's ACEs Initiative
FY 18 Funded Innovations
The following have been selected for FY18 awards for ACEs-related activities:
- ACE Nashville/All Children Excel: A collective impact approach using a template to translate science into trauma-informed organizations, services and practice
- ETSU Department of Pediatrics: Baby Steps For Success, a partnership with Families Free and Northeast Home Visiting Programs to provide screening, ACEs education, brief intervention and, for high risk families, Baby Steps Case Management
- Gibson County Special School District: PACE—Preventing Adverse Childhood Experiences, an initiative to disseminate ACEs information to parents, district staff and community; school-based Trauma Informed Committee; and Parent Academies
- MTSU: PEACE—Professional Educators Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences, a set of active learning activities derived from Building Strong Brains: Tennessee’s ACEs Initiative and other proven educational resources applied to future childhood educators
- TSU Center of Excellence for Learning Sciences: Toolkits with infusion guides for community colleges and four year early childhood-related courses comprised of nine early childhood education community college courses and two general education courses made available to all colleges of the Board of Regents system
- University of Tennessee Extension Services: Community “readiness to change” for preventing and mitigating ACEs and related social/emotional learning (SEL) programs in three after school sites for at-risk youth in three rural counties
- Vanderbilt University: Mitigating ACEs in Pediatric Primary Care and a Home Visiting Program— completion of the FY17 clinic study and new efforts in pediatric primary care and home visiting building on parents’ strengths using an evidence-based intervention to mitigate toxic stress in young children
- WCTE-Upper Cumberland: Building Strong Brains/ACEs, The Tennessee Story, production and distribution of television programming, online and on-air, to be used by all public television stations in Tennessee about prevention and mitigation of ACEs, developed in partnership with stakeholders throughout the state.