EDI Claims Release 3.1 Information Update
To All Tennessee Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Insurers, Claims Administrators, and Self-Insured Employers.
The Tennessee Bureau of Workers' Compensation (TNBWC) will soon be transitioning from the IAIABC EDI Claims Release 1 standard to the IAIABC EDI Claims Release 3.1 standard for electronic reporting of workers' compensation First Reports of Injury (FROI) and Subsequent Reports of Injury (SROI). The mandatory implementation is planned for September 2020, through the exact date will be announced later. Additional information on the IAIABC EDI R3.1 transactions for FROI and SROI can be found online at IAIABC website.
Electronic reporting using IAIABC Claims Release 3.1 will be required for all trading partners: insurers. self-insured employers, and claim administrators.
The TNBWC has contracted with ISO's Workers Compensation Standards Division, to manage their FROI and SROI EDI reporting. ISO will also be administering the registration of trading partners, testing, data collection and submission of EDI data to the TNBWC.
TNBWC will provide an enhanced EDI Website that is currently planned for June 2019 which will contain the following:
- Trading Partner Electronic Profile Registrations and Instructions to be completed by all Trading Partners
- Trading Partner Training Information
- Trading Partner Testing Documentation/Plan. (Note: For Trading Partners that will utilize a Vendor, the Vendor will perform the testing on your behalf)
- TNBWC Claims Release 3.1 Implementation Guide and Requirement Tables
- EDI Vendors that may assist with EDI reporting
- Implementation Information that will provide additional support for the TNBWC EDI Reporting Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for EDI
- Helpful Web Links
- Announcements, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact the TNBWC EDI Support Team at TNBWCedi@iso.com
TNBWC EDI Support Team
This Page Last Updated: January 16, 2020 at 9:16 AM