The Division of Consumer Affairs transferred from the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance (“TDCI”) to the Office of the Attorney General effective September 30, 2019. Accordingly, you may see several resources with TDCI branding or information. The information in the resources is still accurate – the Division simply moved.
The Federal Trade Commission developed a series of fotonovelas in Spanish based on complaints they received from Spanish-speaking consumers throughout the nation. These fotonovelas offer practical tips to help detect and stop common scams. To order free copies of these materials from the FTC for your community, click here.
- Accessing My Credit File And Correcting My Credit Reports
- Bankruptcy and Credit Improvement
- Credit Repair - No Quick Fix
- Don't Get Scammed
- Don't Get Scammed Spanish
- Guidelines For Home Repair Contracting
- Guidelines For Home Repair Contracting (Spanish)
- Identity Theft - How To Prevent It
- Improving Your Credit the Right Way
- Resource Kit For Victims of Identity Theft