TDFI Credit Union
TDFI Credit Union
The Credit Union Division is responsible for the supervision and examination of state-chartered natural-person and corporate credit unions. Credit union examiners perform safety and soundness examinations for each state-chartered credit union and Volunteer Corporate Credit Union to determine compliance with governing laws and regulations. Evaluations of each credit union’s assets, liabilities, income and expenses are performed to assess the solvency of the institution. They also perform investigations as a result of complaints filed with the Department’s Consumer Resources Section.
The Credit Union Division remains accredited by the National Association of State Credit Union Supervisors (NASCUS). Additionally, eligible division examiners and supervisors have met comprehensive criteria for NASCUS examination certifications. This certification program provides recognition to superior state credit union examiners and encourages continued professional development through the certification’s required continuing education hours.
The primary responsibility of the Credit Union Division is to provide the people of Tennessee with a safe and sound system of credit unions by ensuring compliance with governing law, while giving institutions the opportunity to contribute to the economic progress of Tennessee.
Within this area you will find applications for the following:
- Application to Form a State-Chartered Credit Union
- Application for New Branch Facility, Relocation of Branch Facility or Relocation of Main Office
- Application for a Community Charter Conversion or Expansion
- Application for Credit Union Merger
- Bylaw Amendment Request
- Application for Field of Membership Expansion to Add an Associational Group
- Application for Field of Membership Expansion to Add an Occupational Group
- COVID-19 Interagency Examination Procedures Guidance Memorandum June 26, 2020
- COVID-19 Pandemic Pausing of Examination of State-Chartered Credit Unions April 6, 2020
- Fixed Assets (CU-16-3)
- Secure Upload Center (CU-16-2) (Discontinued using in 2018)
- Credit Union Dividends (CU-16-1)
- Late Paid Credit Union Supervision Fees (CU-10-1)
- Temporary Closing of Credit Union Offices (CU-09-1)
- VISA, Inc. Stock (CU-08-1)
- Response to Hurricane Katrina (CU-05-1)
- Interpretive Ruling and Policy Statement IRPS 02-03 (CU-02-2)
- Information on the Risk-Focused Examination Program (CU-02-1)
- Changes in Credit Union Senior Management (CU-99-1)
- The Filing of IRS Form 990 (Federal Organization Return) on Behalf of State-Chartered Credit Unions (CU-92-2)
In order to accommodate secure, electronic submission of documents to the Credit Union Division, the Department has established upload centers for financial institutions to submit sensitive or confidential documents.
Please do NOT submit sensitive or confidential information to the Department via e-mail or e-mail attachment. Instead, for your convenience, the Department has established a secure upload center for submission of confidential documentation to the Department.
- For Credit Union information, please use the Credit Union Upload Center at:
The following document types may be submitted using the secure upload: Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx); Microsoft Excel (.xls/.xlsx); and, Adobe (.pdf).