Skip to Main Content


Mobile Homes: De-Titling and Reissuing a Canceled Title

De-titling a Mobile Home

To de-title a mobile home, please email all required documentation to

  • Letter of request to de-title.
  • Certificate of Title (or Certificate of Origin or Manufacturer Statement of Origin in the case of a new home that has not been titled).
  • Certified copy of warranty deed or equivalent that shows evidence of real property. (Mobile homes affixed to real property do not have to be titled.)
  • Certified copy of the Affidavit of Affixation¬†that is recorded at the local Registry of Deeds Office where the home is located.

Once the de-title process is complete, the lien holder or owner will receive a letter stating the mobile homes has been de-titled. 

There is no fee for this service.

Reissuing a Canceled Title

For the purposes of selling, a new Certificate of Title can be reissued for a mobile home by the local county clerk. Owners must provide:

  • an abstract of land showing legal ownership of the mobile home and any mortgages recorded.
  • a lien release or lienholder's statement that the lien is to be recorded on the face of the Certificate of Title.

All fees will be collected at time of service.