Mobile Homes: Reissuing a Canceled Title and De-Titling
Reissuing a Canceled Title
For the purposes of selling, a new Certificate of Title can be reissued for a mobile home by the local county clerk. Owners must provide:
- an abstract of land showing legal ownership of the mobile home and any mortgages recorded.
- a lien release or lienholder's statement that the lien is to be recorded on the face of the Certificate of Title.
All fees will be collected at time of service.
De-titling a Mobile Home
The Following Documents are required to re-instate a De-Titled Mobile Home:
- Multi-purpose, Noting of Lien and Duplicate Title Application – For Title and Registration.
- Copy of the abstract of land showing legal ownership of manufactured home and real property along with any mortgages recorded upon the real property.
- A lien release for every lienholder listed on the abstract of land title or lienor’s statement that lien is to be recorded on the face of the certificate of title.
- Title fee for the certificate of title for the manufactured home or for each component unit.