Tennessee's Directory of Approved Tobacco Product Manufacturers
State law (Tenn. Code Ann. Sections 67-4-2601 et seq.) requires the Commissioner of Revenue to develop a directory listing of all tobacco product manufacturers and respective brand families that are eligible to sell cigarettes, including roll-your-own tobacco, in Tennessee. Tobacco product manufacturers included in the directory have provided certifications showing they meet current legal requirements. The directory is updated as necessary to add and remove tobacco product manufacturers or brand families.
It is illegal to stamp a package of cigarettes, or pay the tax on roll-your-own tobacco, from a tobacco product manufacturer or brand family that is not listed in the directory. It is also illegal to sell, offer, or possess for sale or personal consumption, cigarettes or roll-your-own tobacco of a tobacco product manufacturer or brand family that is not listed in the directory. Illegal tobacco products are subject to seizure and forfeiture.
Click on one of the links below to select the appropriate directory report.
- Non-participating Manufacturers by Manufacturer
- Non-participating Manufacturers by Brand
- Participating Manufacturers by Manufacturer
- Participating Manufacturers by Brand
The listing of any company in this directory does not constitute a waiver of any rights the state of Tennessee may have to:
- Seek payment under the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement or into a Non-Participating Manufacturer qualified escrow fund from the responsible manufacturer.
- Remove a company name or brand family from the directory.
- Take other legal action.
Last update 06/17/2019