Due Dates and Tax Rates
Sales Tax due dates depend on how frequently you file your return:
- Monthly - 20th day of the month following the end of the reporting period
- Quarterly - 20th of the month following the end of the quarter (January 20, April 20, July 20, October 20)
- Annually - January 20
- State Tax - The sales tax rate on food is 4%. The general sales tax rate for most tangible personal property and taxable services 7%. A few products and services such as aviation fuel or telecommunication services have different tax rates.
- State Single Article Rates - 2.75% on any single item sold in excess of $1,600 but not more than $3,200 - see local tax on single articles.
- Local Tax - set by the local government - see local tax chart.