Registration and Licensing

A business can only sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises if it is located in a jurisdiction that has authorized such sales, and it has obtained the appropriate license from the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission.  

Registration for liquor-by-the-drink tax is available on the Tennessee Taxpayer Access Point (TNTAP).  Registration for liquor-by-the-drink requires that you post a $10,000 bond with the Department. Additionally, you must post a price schedule (see link on left) with the Department.