For Tax Preparers
If you need access to TNTAP to file or make payments on someone else’s behalf and you do not have your own account with the Department, you should request third party access. By default, a third-party representative is granted the ability to file returns and make payments. However, taxpayers can change the third party access level to be more restrictive if they would like.
Click here to watch a step-by-step video with instructions for setting up a TNTAP logon with third party access.
Once you have set up a TNTAP logon as a third party, you can add access to your client’s accounts to file and pay on their behalf.
Click here for step-by-step instructions for gaining access to your client’s accounts in TNTAP.
The Department has published several articles to provide information about TNTAP to tax professionals. Click the links below to view this information.
- TNTAP Tips and Updates (Published in TSCPA Journal, January 2019)
- Tennessee Tax Tips and Updates (Published in TSCPA Journal, September, 2018)
- Ready for TNTAP Rollout Two? (Published in TSCPA Journal, May, 2018)
- Journal Helpful Tips for TNTAP (Published in TSCPA Journal, January, 2018)
- TN Tips for Upcoming Filing Season (Published in NATP & TSCPA email blasts/newsletters, February, 2018)
- TNTAP Rollout Two: More Taxes Added Soon (Published in NATP & TSCPA email blasts/newsletters, May 2018)