Board of Social Workers
Applying for initial licensure from your professional licensing board has become a bit easier. For the past year, the Department of Health has been working on an online application process that will allow all health care professionals to apply online for an initial license and complete (and update as necessary) a practitioner profile mandatory for certain professions. The process is user friendly and convenient and even allows you to pay for your initial application utilizing a credit card, debit card or e-check. You will also be able to upload many of the documents required to complete your initial application! Please go to the initial application link below to begin the online process.
For mailing documents please send to: Board of Social Workers; 665 Mainstream Dr.; Nashville TN 37243
- Baccalaureate Social Worker Application (PH-4095)
- Master Social Worker Application (PH-2066)
- Clinical Social Worker Application (PH-2082)
- Advanced Practice Social Worker Application (PH-4094)
- LCSW Supervision Log
- LCSW Verification of Supervision
- LCSW "Reference Form Letter"
- LAPSW Supervision Log
- LAPSW Verification of Supervision
- LAPSW "Reference Form Letter"
- Special Volunteer Social Worker Application (PH-3895)
- Declaration of Citizenship (PH-4183)
- Declaration of Eligibility for Expedited Licensure Process for a Military Member (PH-4279)
- Declaration of Eligibility for Expedited Licensure Process for a Spouse of Military Member (PH-4280)
- Affidavit for Replacement License (PH-4055)
- Out of State Licensure Verification Form
- Criminal Background Check Instructions
- Reinstatement Application (PH-4049)
- Name and Address Change Request (PH-3619)
- Affidavit of Retirement From Practice in Tennessee (PH-3460)
- Mandatory Practitioner Profile Questionnaire for Licensed Health Care Providers (PH-3585)