Frequently Asked Questions

1.What are the hours of operation for the board administrators?
8am-4:pm central standard time.

2. How should I contact the board administrators?
The administrators can be reached at 615-741-5735 or by email

3.How do I begin the application process?
It is much faster to complete the application electronically. Please click onto the following hyperlink.

4.What do I do if I’ve forgotten my user id and/or password?
If you have previously created an account in this licensure system, but cannot recall your Username and/or password, please click the appropriate Forgot Password or Forgot User ID link to recover your account credentials.
If you have forgotten or do know the email address used to create your account, you can contact the board administrators at 615-741-5735 local or 800-778-4123 nationwide, or email to update or retrieve your email address.

5.If I am from another state, can I treat clients in Tennessee?
A provider must be licensed in the state of Tennessee to provide treatment to a client in Tennessee or operated in a free clinic environment.

6.If I am from another state, can I provide Telehealth services to a client in Tennessee.
Unless in a free clinic environment, the provider must be licensed in Tennessee, and the client must be in Tennessee.

7. Where can I find the Declaration of Citizenship?
Click on the following hyperlink

8. Where can I find the Mandatory Practitioner Profile?
Many times, this is confused with the Application, but it is a different document that can be found at the following hyperlink

9.What is the OCA number?
The OCA number is required for your Criminal Background Check and can be found at the following hyperlink Please find your profession and use the number next to that profession. Then, contact Identogo for status updates.

10. I have CEU questions, where can I find the answers?
Visit the TN Rules and Statutes for CEU questions -

11. What can I do on-line?
After you create an account, please remember what User ID and Password that you used so you can access the system in the future.
There is a “Forgot Password” and “Forgot User ID” function if needed. Please try this before calling the board administrative office.
Change Of Address, includes email addresses.
Change your name with the Change of Name application. You must attach your marriage certificate or divorce decree.
Request a duplicate wall license or renewal certificate.
We cannot accept debit/credit cards over the phone or in the office. Payment is accepted online by debit/credit card or by e-check. The address in the licensure system must
match the address on the debit/credit card or you will get an error message and the renewal won’t be completed.

12.Can a third party manage my professional license?
For this online system, only one account can be created for a professional license. Once an account is created that links a professional license, the person creating the account will have
access based on the id and password used to establish the account. If done by a third party, the licensee, without knowledge of the user id and password, will not be able to manage their
professional license using this online system. During business hours, you can contact your board to disassociate your license from an online account established by a third party. However, weekends and holidays may be particularly problematic if you do not know the account details to manage your license through this online system. We do not advise management of your professional license by a third party. The law requires a licensee to maintain current information with their licensure board. Failure to do so could result in a disciplinary action by the board.

13. How will I know if my license has been approved?
You will be sent a letter of approval to sit for the ASWB exam, this letter will explain how to register/schedule your exam.

14.How do I get a license verification sent to another state?
If the state requesting the verification has an official form they want completed, complete your data (with your signature and date) first. Then, the form can be emailed or sent U.S. mail. The form will be sent to the address listed on the form. If there is no form, we can send our standard license verification to the designated address as shown on your request. You may email your request to