Vehicle Registration (New Residents or Those Relocating to Tennessee)

Someone moving from another state must file an application for certificate of title and registration through theirĀ local county clerk.

Please take with you the most current out-of-state registration and the name and address of the company where you are sending car payments (if applicable).

If you do not have that information, you must furnish your out-of-state title. If you need a new title, visit Vehicle Titling (New Residents or Those Relocating) for additional information.