Hurricane Dorian Relief
This page provides resources for Hurricane Dorian evacuees, situational information, and how to help survivors. Information will be updated as more resources become available.
Hurricane Dorian evacuees can find a list of available Tennessee hotels at Tennessee Welcome Centers.
Hurricane News and Preparedness
- FEMA provides up-to-date resources and information on the federal response to Hurricane Dorian.
- USA.gov provides information on the latest Hurricane Dorian news, safety information, and more.
National VOAD is where organizations share knowledge and resources throughout the disaster cycle—preparation, response and recovery—to help disaster survivors and their communities.
Pets and Animals
Red Rover provides resources for people and animals affected by Hurricane Dorian.
Donations to Hurricane Dorian survivors can be made to the following organizations:
- Donating to the Red Cross enables the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to and help people recover from this disaster.
- Charity Navigator has a list of organizations providing hurricane relief.
- The Salvation Army helps disaster survivors through donations, emergency response, long-term recovery, and more.
- Caring for the Bahamas is an organization that provides relief to survivors in the Bahamas.
- Sol Relief has a list of requested donated items and where to send them.
The Red Cross website has a complete list of open shelters. You can also visit the ReadyTN app or text "Shelters" and your zip code to 43362.
Use ReadyTN for weather and safety alerts, emergency kits, current traffic, local emergency management contact information, and more!
Resources for before, during, and after a hurricane.
Disaster Distress Hotline
Resources for hurricane survivors in distress. Phone: 1-800-985-5990 or Text: "TalkWithUs" to 66746
Displaced residents and relief workers can find free housing during Hurricane Dorian.
State and Local Resources
For state and local information, please visit the below resources:
- Bahamas National Emergency Management Agency
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency
- North Carolina Department of Public Safety
- South Carolina Emergency Management Division