How to Use Tennessee 511
The Tennessee Department of Transportation has valuable tools and resources to provide Tennessee travelers and commuters with up-to-date information about travel conditions via phone or web—anytime 24/7. TDOT has added a 511 voice-activated system to TDOT SmartWay, and has linked the 511 phone service with the TDOT SmartWay web application.
Where to get the information
How do I use the 511 system?
The Tennessee 511 phone system uses voice-activated and touch-tone technology. When you dial 511, the system will greet you and present you with a menu of options. Here’s what you’ll hear on the main menu:
- I can give you information on: Traffic Conditions, Weather Forecasts, Rest Areas, Public Transportation, Airports, Tourism, or transfer you to another 511 system. To leave a comment about the system say, “Leave a comment.” You can always press 0 (zero) for touch tone options. If this is an emergency, please hang up and call 911. To get a complete list of everything you can do, say, “what are my choices” or say “help.” Now, what can I get you?
Types of information available
- Traffic incidents and major closures on interstates, U.S. routes and state routes in Tennessee
- Road construction and planned road closures on interstates, U.S. routes, and state routes in Tennessee
- Weather conditions statewide
- Locations of Rest Areas and Welcome Centers
- Transfers to Public Transportation
- Transfers to Commercial Airports
- Transfers to the Tennessee Department of Tourism
- Transfers to neighboring states’ 511 phone systems (currently GA, KY, NC, VA)
- AMBER Alerts