TDOT Construction Lane Closure Report for Middle Tennessee, November 7-13, 2019
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Interstate 440 Reconstruction
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a right lane closure on SR 6 (Franklin Pike southbound) at LM 5.5 for bridge work. There will be intermittent lane closures on Charlotte Pike under I-440 for bridge repairs.
· Nightly, 9PM-5AM, There will be lane closures and temporary ramp closures at the I-440 and I-65 interchange. There will also be intermittent ramp closures at Nolensville Road and Murphy Road for concrete removal.
· Daily, 10AM and 1:30PM – There will be rolling road blocks on I-440 westbound between I-65 and Belmont Blvd for rockfall mitigation if necessary.
· From now through August 2020, I-440 will be restricted to two travel lanes in each direction from 5AM-9PM and one travel lane in each direction from 9PM-5AM.
· Weekend ramp closures are dependent on weather and project progress. Please check the project website for changes to the schedule: https://www.tn.gov/tdot/projects/region-3/interstate-440.html
o Friday, November 8 at 9 p.m. through Sunday, November 10 at 5 a.m. – There will be ramp will be closures at the following locations.
§ I-65 in both directions to I-440 eastbound
§ Nolensville Pike southbound to I-440 eastbound
o Friday, November 15 at 9 p.m. through Monday, November 18 at 5 a.m. – There will be ramp will be closures at the following locations.
§ I-65 in both directions to I-440 eastbound
§ I-440 eastbound to I-65 southbound
§ I-440 westbound to Nolensville Pike
§ I-24 eastbound to I-440 westbound (Friday at 9PM through Sunday at 5AM)
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Interchange improvements on I-24 at Hickory Hollow Parkway
· From now through February 2020, The I-24 westbound off-ramp at Hickory Hollow will be shut down to reconstruct the ramp.
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be lane closures on I-24 eastbound between MM 60-62 for construction activities.
· Daily, 3AM-3PM (excluding Saturday and Sunday), The inside left turn lane on I-24 eastbound at the Old Hickory Blvd ramp will be closed to pour concrete. The outside left turn lane and right turn lane will remain open.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Construction of Pedestrian Facilities on U.S. 70S (SR 1) from SR 251 (Old Hickory Boulevard) (LM 7.85) to Erin Lane (LM 8.30)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure for construction work.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Hillwood Blvd Bridge Replacement
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure as needed from SR 1 to Post Road for bridge replacement work.
MAURY COUNTY, City of Columbia - West 7th Multimodal Streetscape
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be lane closures from High Street to Beckett Street.
MAURY COUNTY, Resurfacing SR-50 from Hampshire Pike to West 7th Street
· Daily, 9AM-3:30PM, There will be temporary lane closures for striping and pavement marking activities.
MAURY COUNTY, Widening of Duplex Road from US 31 to Secluded Lane
· Daily, 9AM-3:30PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 247 for road widening.
MAURY COUNTY, Intersection Improvements at Port Royal Road and Saturn Parkway
· Daily, 9AM-3:30PM, There will be temporary lane closures for removing and replacing barrier wall.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Resurfacing and Curb Ramp Installation on SR 12
· Nightly, 7PM-5AM, There will be lane closures on SR 12 (Ft. Campbell Blvd) between Red River Bridge and the SR 374 junction.
ROBERTSON COUNTY, Resurfacing Operations on I-65
· Nightly, 7PM-5AM, There will be lane closures to install shifts for bridge repair at MM 108.
ROBERTSON and SUMNER COUNTY, S.I.A. Serving Project "Deepdish"
· Daily, 9AM-3PM and 8PM-5AM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 52 and US 31W for phase 3 construction activities. One lane will remain open.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, The Resurfacing of I-24 from the Davidson County line to the Rocky Fork Overpass
· Nightly, 7PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-24 in both directions between MM 64-69 for striping.
· Saturday, November 9, 7AM-6PM, There will be alternating lane closure on I-24 in both directions between MM 64-69 for paving operations.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, The resurfacing of SR 16 from Williamson County line to the Bedford County line
· Daily, 7AM-5PM, There will be alternating lane closures on SR 16 in both directions for paving operations.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, Widening SR 99 from Cason Lane to I-24
· Daily, 9AM-4PM, There will be alternating lane closures in both directions between the intersection of Athens Ave and the intersection of Stonebrook Drive on SR 99 for the removal of steel plates over the new gas line.
SMITH COUNTY, Bridge Repair on SR 53 over Mulherrin Creek (LM 7.18)
· Starting Sunday, November 10 through April 2020, SR 53 will be reduced to one 9' lane at the bridge over Mulherrin Creek for bridge work. Traffic will be controlled by temporary signals.
SUMNER COUNTY, Resurfacing of S.R. 25 from S.R. 109 (L.M. 12.95) to Kraft Street (L.M. 15.98)
· Nightly, 8PM-6AM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 25 in both directions for curb ramp repair activities. One lane will remain open.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Franklin Rd widening from Concord Rd to Moores Lane
· Nightly, 6PM-6AM, There will be intermittent stoppages of traffic and/or temporary lane closures (one direction at a time) for the installation of a sewer force main line across Franklin Road at Sta 102+00 (near Moore's Lane).
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Resurfacing on SR 247 from Ferguson Road to US 431
· Daily, 9AM-3:30PM, There will be temporary lane closures for resurfacing.
WILSON COUNTY, I-40 Widening from east of SR 109 to east of I-840
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be a lane closure in both directions to shift barrier rail.
WILSON COUNTY, Widening on SR 141 from South of Spring Creek to North of Lovers Lane
· Daily, 6AM-6PM, There will be a temporary lane closure on SR 141 for construction activities. One lane will remain open in each direction.
WILSON COUNTY, Bridge Repair on SR 26 over Sinking Creek
· Through December 2019, SR 26 will be down to one 10' lane in each direction on the bridge over Sinking Creek. One lane will be open in each direction.
WILSON COUNTY, The repair of the bridges on US 231 (SR 10) over Town Creek (LM 13.56) in Lebanon
· Starting the week of November 12 through May 2020, US 231 (SR 10) will be down to one 11' lane in each direction for bridge work.
>>> MAINTENANCE & UTILITIES
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be rolling roadblocks on I-65 northbound between exit 92 (OHB) and exit 95 (SR 386) for blasting.
· Thursday, October 31, 2PM, There will be rolling roadblocks on I-65 at Trinity Lane for blasting (MM 88).
· Saturday, November 9, 8PM-3AM, There will be a lane closure on I-24 at the I-40 split underpass at Murfreesboro Rd.
· Tuesday, November 12, 9AM-1PM, I-40 westbound ramp to Briley Parkway will have one lane closed for bridge inspection.
· Tuesday, November 12, 9AM-3PM, There will be lane closure on Briley Parkway at I-40 for bridge inspection.
· Wednesday, November 13, 9AM-1PM, There will be lane closure on the White Bridge Rd/Robertson Ave ramp to I-40 eastbound for bridge inspection.
· Tuesday, November 12 and Wednesday November 13, 9PM-5AM, There will be intermittent lane closures on I-40 from Arlington Ave to Donelson Pike for crack sealing.
· Nightly (excluding Friday and Saturday), 8PM-4AM, There will be milling and paving on I-65 in both directions between MM 104-120.
· Nightly, starting Monday, November 11, 8PM-4AM, There will be a lane closure on I-24 westbound for pothole repairs from MM 19-23.
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane on SR-1 northbound for subgrade replacement and paving work between Florence Rd. and Sam Griffin Rd. (9.98 LM to 8.08 LM).
· Sunday, November 3, 6AM-8AM, Zayo will have rolling roadblocks on I-840 at exit 65 to install fiber onto existing utility poles.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.