Aviation Art Contest Results2020 State-Level Competition
And the winner is...
In the fall of 2019, the National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO) and TDOT Aeronautics Division hosted the 2020 U.S. International Aviation Art Contest, in which students were invited to illustrate the importance of aviation through art. More than 250 entries were submitted by parents and teachers on behalf of youth across the state. Entries were judged in three classes according to age and creative use of the contest theme.
Group I Junior Category
(Date of birth between January 1, 2010, and December 31, 2013)
- 1st – Ava Ingle of Trinity Christian Academy
- 2nd – Bessie Stitzlein of Lockeland Design Elementary
- 3rd – Harper Wilmoth of Lockeland Design Elementary
- Honorable Mention – Eve Morrison of Lockeland Design Elementary
Group II Intermediate Category
(Date of birth between January 1, 2006, and December 31, 2009)
- 1st – Joshua Park of Freedom Middle School
- 2nd – Brian Xu Hong of Lipscomb Elementary
- 3rd – Imogen Parrott of Mt. Olive Elementary
- Honorable Mention – Griffin Ahern of home school
Group III Senior Category
(Date of birth between January 1, 2002, and December 31, 2005)
- 1st – Sophie Jihye Lee of Ravenwood High School
- 2nd – Elijah Cavalier of Union City High School
- 3rd – Olivia Hill of Union City High School
- Honorable Mention – Natasia Chunn of Cascade High School
Due to COVID-19 precautions the planned awards ceremony has been cancelled. Award winners will receive their prizes via mail. We apologize for any inconvenience. State winners placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd will receive a monetary prize up to $100, with a matching gift for the associated school art department. Winners at the state level also compete at the national level, and then go on to international competition.
TDOT is proud to co-host the annual art contest and encourages youth of all ages to become more familiar with aeronautics, engineering, and science. Congratulations to all participating artists!