Aviation Art Contest Results2018 State-Level Competition
And the winner is...
In the spring of 2018, the National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO) and TDOT Aeronautics Division hosted the 2018 U.S. International Aviation Art Contest, in which students were invited to illustrate the importance of aviation through art. More than 240 entries were submitted by parents and teachers on behalf of youth across the state. Entries were judged in three classes according to age and creative use of the contest theme.
Below are the winners for each category. Click here to view a PowerPoint of the winning entries.
Group I Junior Category
(Date of birth between January 1, 2008, and December 31, 2011)
- 1st – Kelsey Watson of E.A. Harrold Elementary School
- 2nd – Adysen Dickson of E.A. Harrold Elementary School
- 3rd – Jayme Tichenor of E.A. Harrold Elementary
- Honorable Mention – Olivia Hart of Paris Elementary School
Group II Intermediate Category
(Date of birth between January 1, 2004, and December 31, 2007)
- 1st – Angela Huo of Brentwood Middle School
- 2nd – Blake Olive of Cascade Middle School
- 3rd – Emily Brown of HomeLife Academy
- Honorable Mention – Elle Thompson of Cascade Middle School
Group III Senior Category
(Date of birth between January 1, 2000, and December 31, 2003)
- 1st – Josephine Smith of Cascade High School
- 2nd – Cody Hodge of Cascade High School
- 3rd – Jaycee Brown of Union City High School
- Honorable Mention – Lyndsey Patterson of Obion County Central High School
Award recipients will be recognized at an official ceremony on Saturday, May 5, 2018, at 10:00 AM at Lebanon Municipal Airport. State winners placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd will receive a monetary prize up to $100, with a matching gift for the associated school art department. Winners at the state level also compete at the national level, and then go on to international competition.
TDOT is proud to co-host the annual art contest and encourages youth of all ages to become more familiar with aeronautics, engineering, and science. Congratulations to all participating artists!