Aviation Art Contest Results2019 State-Level Competition
And the winner is...
In the spring of 2019, the National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO) and TDOT Aeronautics Division hosted the 2019 U.S. International Aviation Art Contest, in which students were invited to illustrate the importance of aviation through art. More than 500 entries were submitted by parents and teachers on behalf of youth across the state. Entries were judged in three classes according to age and creative use of the contest theme.
Below are the winners for each category. Click here to view a PowerPoint of the 2018 winning entries. 2019 winning entries will be posted shortly.
Group I Junior Category
(Date of birth between January 1, 2009, and December 31, 2012)
- 1st – Gideon Shin of Lipscomb Elementary School
- 2nd – Andre Cribbs of Grandview Elementary School
- 3rd – Ava Ingle of Trinity Christian Academy
- Honorable Mention – Brayden Wright of E.A. Harrold Elementary School
Group II Intermediate Category
(Date of birth between January 1, 2005, and December 31, 2008)
- 1st – Ryan Shin of Brentwood Middle School
- 2nd – Naga Sahithi Rajuladevi of E.L. Ross Elementary School
- 3rd – Elizabeth Fisher of Harris Middle School
- Honorable Mention – Isaac Chapa of Cascade Middle School
Group III Senior Category
(Date of birth between January 1, 2001, and December 31, 2004)
- 1st – Natasia Chunn of Cascade High School
- 2nd – Emily Brown of HomeLife Academy
- 3rd – Abigail Wiencek of Cascade High School
- Honorable Mention – Evelyn Ragsdale of Cascade High School
2018 Aviation Art Contest Winners and their artwork at the awards ceremony held at Lebanon Municipal Airport May 5th, 2018
Award recipients will be recognized at an official awards ceremony on Saturday, May 18, 2019, at 10:00 AM at Lebanon Municipal Airport. State winners placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd will receive a monetary prize up to $100, with a matching gift for the associated school art department. Winners at the state level also compete at the national level, and then go on to international competition.
TDOT is proud to co-host the annual art contest and encourages youth of all ages to become more familiar with aeronautics, engineering, and science. Congratulations to all participating artists!