Supporting Rural Tennessee
The Volunteer State is home to some of the most innovative, talented, and passionate people in America – and our rural communities are no exception. What happens in rural Tennessee matters to every Tennessean and supporting our distressed and at-risk counties remains one of my top priorities.
While Tennessee is experiencing major growth, many communities are not enjoying the same benefits of our metropolitan areas, with 39 counties in the bottom 25 percent of the nation in terms of poverty, average income, and unemployment. Our goal is to work alongside local leaders, non-profits, and community organizations to spur economic growth, increase opportunities for success, and defend a way of life that adds tremendous value to the prosperity of our state.
This website is a resource to support local leaders and all who are united in our passion to preserve this fundamental piece of Tennessee. I invite you to search for grants, research local projects, and stay up to date on my administration's efforts to ensure that our rural communities thrive.
I look forward to proving to the rest of the country what we already know to be true – that rural Tennessee’s best days are still ahead. My administration is ready to roll up our sleeves and get to work.
- Humboldt and Elizabethton Accredited as Tennessee Main Street Communities
- Governor Lee, Commissioner Rolfe Announce Gorman Woodyard LLC to Expand in Humphreys County
- Tennessee Cooking Up a Healthier Summer for Rural Children
- Outstanding Fairs Honored at 98th Annual Convention
- 2020 Tennessee Vacation Guide Covers Released
- TNECD Launches its Opportunity Zones Directory