Transition Assistance Advisors (TAA)
The purpose of the Transition Assistance Advisor (TAA) program is to provide a professional in each state/territory (some states have two TAAs) to serve as the statewide point of contact to assist Service Members in accessing Department of Veterans Affairs’ health care services and benefits. Each TAA also provides assistance in obtaining entitlements through the Military Health System and access to community resources.
Who we serve:
The program is designed to serve National Guard members and their families. Additionally, we gladly provide services to members in all components.
What we can help you with:
We help you navigate through the numerous benefits and entitlements in the DoD and VA system. We take the time to assist you and not toss you into the 800 number desert! We will educate you so you will understand the benefits you have earned, such as:
- Guard entitlements and access for health care in both the DoD and VA medical facilities.
- TRICARE benefits while you are on active duty and when you return ans as OIF/OEF Veteran.
- Important deadlines that require your action while still on active duty and as a Veteran so you do not miss these time-sensitive opportunities.
- VA dental care programs (time-sensitive benefit).
- Referral for counseling services for you and your family that will not affect your career.
- Referral for possible compensation for injuries or illness sustained in OEF, OIF, and OND.
- Insurance information such as SGLI, TSGLI, and FSGLI.
- Rehabilitative care management needed to help you return to a normal lifestyle.
- Assistance with job search and connection with ESGR for rights of employment.
- Assistance in connecting you to the Veterans Benefits Administration and Veterans Services Organizations to file disability/compensation claims.
- Assistance in the event of financial hardship, health care issues, or unemployment needs.
- Assistance with locating your medical records & DD 214s.
- Pre-separation counseling associated with Transition Assistance Program (TAP).
Why we will be successful in meeting your needs:
- We care about you and your family.
- Over 98% of us are Veterans or spouses of military members.
- Many TAAs have worked through the disability process and received disability compensation.
- We have built strong partnerships and coalitions within the Department of Defense TRICARE, Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), State Directors of VA, Veterans Services Organizations, and State Headquarters groups, such as Family Support, Chaplains Offices, Department of Labor (DoL), and Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve (ESGR).
Charles (Mike) Goodrich / Transition Assistance Advisor
Office: (615) 313-3096
Cell: (615) 202-6139
Fax: (615) 313-0725