Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR)
ESGR promotes employer support for Guard and Reserve service by recognizing outstanding support, increasing awareness of applicable laws, and assisting in the resolution of conflicts between employers and Servicemembers. It provides employment opportunities by partnering with Yellow Ribbon, public and private entities to train Servicemembers and families on resume development, interview process, and job fairs.
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve is a Department of Defense program that develops and promotes supportive work environments for Service members in the Reserve Components through outreach, recognition, and educational opportunities that increase awareness of applicable laws, and resolves employment conflicts between the Servicemembers and their employers.
- Gain and maintain support from employers for National Guard and Reserve service
- Educate customers and stakeholders
- Advocate within the Department of Defense for National Guard and Reserve employers
- Continually refine the ESGR organization for relevancy, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Enhance consistent general population brand awareness and visibility of ESGR nationwide
- Enhance awareness and value of the Employment Initiative Program to both the employers and members of the Guard and Reserve
Marvin R. Wells – Program Support Technician
Office: (615) 313-0753
Cell: (615) 210-2704
Find out more - ESGR website esgr.mil