The Tennessee Department of Health has contracted with Appriss, Inc. to integrate CSMD information into approved Electronic Health Records (EHRs) and Pharmacy Management Systems (PMS) using Appriss Health’s PMP Gateway service. Currently healthcare providers login to the CSMD web portal to query patient data. This integration simplifies the process by automating the request to the CSMD and making the patient report available in the healthcare provider’s clinical workflow. The workflow integration will, in many cases, eliminate the need for providers to navigate to the CSMD website, log in, and enter their patient’s information. Instead, controlled substance prescription records may be obtained within the clinical workflow inside the EHR and PMS.
If your organization is interested in integrating your health IT system with the CSMD, please visit the Tennessee Gateway Integration Request website and follow the steps to complete the following:
1. Integration Request Form
2. End User License Agreement, and
3. PMP Gateway Licensee Questionnaire
• All three documents are required to participate
• All integrations must be approved
• Only authorized decision makers should fill out the paperwork
For more detailed information about this initiative, please review the TN CSMD Gateway Integration Welcome Packet.
Through the end of 2021, the Tennessee Department of Health will cover the licensing fees associated with the integration service for approved practitioners in Tennessee that elect to connect their EHR and/or PMS to PMP Gateway.
We look forward to working with you to improve provider access to critical controlled substance prescription history information and to combat the prescription drug crisis in the State of Tennessee.
If you have any questions, please send an email to TNGatewayIntegrations@apprisshealth.com or leave a voice message for Appriss Health at 502-815-5720.
Gateway Production Support
If you are a PMP Gateway user experiencing an issue when attempting to access CSMD data via PMP Gateway, the user should first contact the Healthcare Entity's (HCE) IT helpdesk for assistance.
- Appriss Health does not control any aspect of the HCE software system or the state PMP. Any issues related to these applications should be directed to your respective contact.
If it is determined that the PMP Gateway service is non-operational, submit a support request form to Appriss Health. This will create a service ticket with the Appriss Health helpdesk to troubleshoot the issue. Please allow up to 24 hours for Appriss Health to acknowledge your issue.
- In the event that there is a disruption in the PMP Gateway integration service, practitioners should log in to the CSMD to request patient reports at www.tncsmd.com