When providing food during a meeting, follow these basic guidelines to prevent food borne illness:
- Ensure food is delivered just prior to serving time. Food should be at serving temperature at the time of delivery.
- Serve food within 30 minutes of delivery.
- Hot foods should be held at 140°F or warmer and cold food should be held at 41°F or colder.
- Perishable food should not be left out more than 2 hours at room temperature.
- Discard any food left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Note: At a buffet, food should be kept hot with chafing dishes, slow cookers and warming trays. Food should be kept cold by nesting dishes in bowls of ice or using small serving trays and replacing them often.